[erlang-questions] How do I start gproc in a global way?

Torben Hoffmann torben.lehoff@REDACTED
Tue Dec 13 23:30:46 CET 2011

Hi,

I am trying to do a gproc:reg({n,g,somename}), but all I get for
Christmas is:

CRASH REPORT Process <0.944.0> with 0 neighbours crashed with reason:
{local_only,[{gproc,reg,2},{sb_coordinator,init,1},{gen_server,init_it,6},{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}

I guess that gproc has to be started with some global mindset before I
can use global names, but I cannot figure out how to provide that argument.

I am using rebar so my second guess is that I need to change my apps
.app.src file and put the correct thing into the env list.

I have tried to read the documentation, but I have so far failed to
figure out how to do this and google has not been kind to me tonight.

Any advice is most welcome!

Cheers,
Torben