[erlang-questions] SASL

emeka okafor emeka_1978@REDACTED
Tue Dec 6 19:47:46 CET 2011

hi everybody,
erlang newbie here. I am having a hard time telling my erlang application to pick up the sasl configuration that i pass through command line arguments.
I created a release and am able to start the application with "bin/werl  -AppName -config sasl.config. The config i am using is from joe's book "programming erlang":

%% rotating log and minimal tty
[{sasl, [
{sasl_error_logger, false},
%% define the parameters of the rotating log
%% the log file directory
{error_logger_mf_dir,"/home/joe/error_logs" },
%% # bytes per logfile
{error_logger_mf_maxbytes,10485760}, % 10 MB
%% maximum number of logfiles
{error_logger_mf_maxfiles, 10}
]}].

No directory is created and if i create one then no logs are written in it; when i excute sys:get_status(error_logger), i can see that "error_logger_mf_dir" is not listed.
What am i doing wrong?