[erlang-questions] rebar -- how do I get useful error messages

Jon Watte jwatte@REDACTED
Mon Dec 5 19:56:54 CET 2011

> The reason that the error message only contains the 'src' directory is
> that rebar changes into subdirectories

That's why I think rebar *is* the source of the messages being not-useful
:-)

For now, I'm using a simple Make rule that expresses dependencies between
apps/*/ebin/*.beam and apps/*/src/*.erl, and *.hrl files, using (make)
pattern matching, and calling erlc directly. This gives me usable error
messages.
But I can't believe nobody else already got bitten by this!
I'll go check the rebar community. But having to join and unjoin lists just
for particular errors gets old after a while :-/

Sincerely,

jw

--
Americans might object: there is no way we would sacrifice our living
standards for the benefit of people in the rest of the world. Nevertheless,