[erlang-questions] Dialyzer from the Erlang API

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Fri Dec 2 08:05:01 CET 2011

On 11/27/11 23:21, Eric Merritt wrote:
> Guys,
>
>   I have a quick and hopefully easy question. Running dialyzer from the
> Erlang API seems to take significantly longer and use significantly
> more CPU then running it from the compiled 'dialyzer' executable with
> the same options, or ostensibly what should be the same options. It
> might be that calling dialyzer from the API does not invoke the native
> code compilation that happens when called from the command line. Thats
> supposition on my part, but its all I can think of that might be
> causing this problem. In any case, it would be very good to know why
> this might be and perhaps a way to get similar behaviour from the two
> methods.

It was neither quick nor easy question to answer.  I've tried to
reproduce this but I've failed miserably :-(

In retrospect, I should not have bothered to spend time on this as you
give no information: no Erlang version and platform that you use, no
code base on which this happens, etc. If you are still experiencing the
behaviour you are describing, please send (perhaps off-list) an example
that can be used to investigate this.

Kostis