[erlang-questions] monitoring process queue length

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Wed Aug 31 11:33:37 CEST 2011

An indirect way to catch them is by using

  erlang:system_monitor(self(), [{large_heap, Sz}])

since the message queue is part of the heap.

http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/erlang.html#system_monitor-2

BR,
Ulf W

On 31 Aug 2011, at 11:13, Joel Reymont wrote:

> Is there a built-in facility in Erlang that allows me to monitor process queue length across the system and issue an alarm if a threshold is exceeded?
>
> Am I stuck with manually going through a process list and sampling queue length?
>
> 	Thanks, Joel

Ulf Wiger, CTO, Erlang Solutions, Ltd.
http://erlang-solutions.com