[erlang-questions] Dialyzer PLT & unknown Erlang/OTP functions

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Tue Aug 30 14:21:01 CEST 2011

On 08/30/11 12:24, Olivier BOUDEVILLE wrote:

> Hello Stavros,
>
> Thanks again for your answer; indeed --add_to_plt was the way to go, it
> then worked like a charm.

Hi Olivier,

Let me add to the info that Stavros sent that --add_to_plt is a very
convenient way to avoid building the PLT for the full Erlang disto in
one go.  One could start with a PLT for e.g. erts, kernel and stdlib and
then incrementally add to it when dialyzer reports unknown functions on
the code base they want to analyze.

Also, note that adding parts of your code base to the PLT is typically
something to do only when these parts are considered more or less stable
(because if there are any changes to them, the up-to-date check will
fail and the PLT will be re-built incrementally) and a "base" upon which
the rest of the code is build. Adding them to the PLT just allows one to
avoid having to specify them as part of the files that will be analyzed
and for which discrepancies will be detected.

Cheers,
Kostis

PS. As to the following, it is something for the OTP folks to look at: