[erlang-questions] [ANN] Erlson - dynamic name-value dictionary data type and syntax

Anton Lavrik alavrik@REDACTED
Tue Aug 30 04:13:22 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Juan Jose Comellas <juanjo@REDACTED> wrote:
> May I suggest switching the decoded JSON format to that used by ejson
> (https://github.com/benoitc/ejson) and jiffy
> (https://github.com/davisp/jiffy) instead of the format used by
> mochiweb/mochijson2. Most of the projects that make heavy use of JSON seem
> to be moving to the format I'm suggesting.

By the way, there's another JSON library:
https://github.com/talentdeficit/jsx Somebody has asked me if I plan
to add support for it.

This is actually a very easy question. It takes less that 100 lines of
code to add support for any of the above libraries/decoded formats. If
somebody has a need for it and care to write the conversion code, I'll
be happy to merge it into Erlson and extend the existing API to allow
choosing a specific JSON codec.

For those who might be interested, adding XML support would not be
substantially harder.

Mochijson2 will probably remain the default JSON library in Erlson. It
is very stable, while statuses of the other libraries are not clear to
me. At least I couldn't figure this out by looking at their project
pages.

Anton