[erlang-questions] [ANN] Erlson - dynamic name-value dictionary data type and syntax

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Mon Aug 29 09:16:52 CEST 2011

On 29 Aug 2011, at 06:50, Anton Lavrik wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> It is my pleasure to announce Erlson - a proof of concept
> implementation of dynamic dictionary data type.

This library was one of the entries in the Spawnfest competition, and received favourable mention from several of the judges (including me). I like the syntax - it feels like a good, minimal extension to the existing language.

Personally, I would really like to see a special data type for this, as well as proper support for pattern matching and guards. I'm wary of yet another syntactic-sugar solution, overloading existing data types.

This is in no way meant as criticism of the work so far - rather as a suggestion to grab the opportunity and implement full support for dynamic dictionaries (hashes, or whatever we want to call them).

As always, there may be real, substantial objections that I have overlooked. If so, the good members of this list will surely present them. :)

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, CTO, Erlang Solutions, Ltd.
http://erlang-solutions.com