[erlang-questions] ets:tid() type

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Sun Aug 28 11:55:31 CEST 2011

Dear list,

I'm defining a spec using the ets:tid() remote type. While everything goes
well on R14xx, I've reports from users that modules do not compile on centos
with R13B04 [not sure if the OS is relevant here].

The error they get is:

$ make
/usr/local/bin/erlc -W -I include -o ebin src/*.erl
src/acceptor.erl:85: referring to built-in type tid as a remote type; please
take out the module name
make: *** [all] Error 1

I've read about some issues on tid() definition, so my question is: should I
just adapt my specs to any() instead of ets:tid() so that the code compiles
on previous versions? I can't obviously use tid() alone on R14xx as it is
then an undefined type.

Thank you,

r.