[erlang-questions] Process surviving disconnect

Vincenzo Maggio maggio.vincenzo@REDACTED
Wed Aug 17 12:47:02 CEST 2011

Hello,
without further info a debug is rather difficult.
But let's try to at least start analysis of the problem:

>   - Has this something to do that I initially spawn Bob from the Alice
>  node?

Absolutely not: this would hit the very foundation of Erlang, process referential transparency. When a process is started is a brand new, clean entity (indeed, default process heap space is always the same size!).

>   - How can I make Bob to survive a connection loss?

Look above: it SHOULD survive.

Can you please start SASL (application:start(sasl) from the shell) and see if shell log puts some further information?

Vincenzo