[erlang-questions] Erlang Web Libraries & Frameworks

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Thu Aug 11 11:30:32 CEST 2011

On 08/11/2011 11:01 AM, Joe Armstrong wrote:
> If all suppliers of web- frameworks could adopt a common adapter
> pattern - it would make
> life a lot easier. I realize that this would not allow us to use some
> of the finer facilities
> offered by an individual web-server, but it would be very useful for the simple
> cases of serving up files etc.

A lot of people choose the server based on those finer facilities.
Adaptor projects are already used by everyone else. See below.

> One could have a common API then choose the implementation depending upon
> the requirements of the application.

This is fine and all, but some servers use lists while others use
binaries. The handler code is obviously different so some servers would
require converting everything (headers, path, ...) to lists or binary
before passing the data to your common handler. There's no clean
solution there.

Some projects exist, like simple_bridge for example, but AFAIK they only
do lists-based servers for now.

What's a good solution to this?

--
Loïc Hoguin