[erlang-questions] What is the difference between keep-alive and pipeline in intes http client

caox caox@REDACTED
Thu Aug 11 10:39:33 CEST 2011

Hi

	According to RFC2616, pipelining allows client to send multiple requests without waiting for each  response. So I guess the difference between pipeline and normal keep alive is that the later should send request only after request on the connection has been responded.
	But the implementation of inets http client seems not same as my expectation. Both of pipeline and keep-alive send request directly without checking whether the earlier request has been responded.
	So I have missed something in the source code, or just misunderstood the RFC? What is the difference between keep-alive and pipeline?

BR