[erlang-questions] my best erlang "foot in mouth"

Dmitrii Dimandt dmitrii@REDACTED
Wed Aug 10 08:56:48 CEST 2011

If we only could get a public repository for Wrangler rules[1] we could have these checks actually integrated with proper Erlang tools

[1] See refactoring videos at http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/wrangler/Home.html  and DIY refactoring at http://www.erlang-factory.com/conference/London2011/speakers/SimonThompson

> On 10/08/2011, at 2:16 AM, Vincenzo Maggio wrote:
>
>> lists:seq(1:100).
>>
>> Erlang answers with "illegal expression" -> an afternoon of code review :(
>> And I STILL continue to write this!!!
>
> Here's a one-line AWK script you can use to check for this.
>
> #!/bin/awk -f
> /[^a-zA-Z0-9_][0-9]+ *:/ { print FILENAME ":" FNR ": integer-colon error" }
>
> You can probably configure your editor to run this on a keystroke.
>
> Of course 1:100 is perfectly legal S, so it's not _that_ silly a mistake.

Dmitrii Dimandt
dmitrii@REDACTED

Erlang in Russian
http://erlanger.ru/