[erlang-questions] Erlang to Python

cmcknight@REDACTED cmcknight@REDACTED
Sun Aug 7 18:36:06 CEST 2011

I read it (pardon the pun) as "we know Python, we love Python, we don't know or want to learn Erlang because it's not Python".

Wait until they have to deal with fault-tolerance and distribution. At that point, they'll wind up being like a lot of web applications that believe that downtime is an acceptable characteristic.

IMHO.

On Aug 6, 2011, at 11:51 PM, erlang-questions-request@REDACTED wrote:

> Subject: [erlang-questions] Erlang to Python
>
> Saw this on reddit. Any comments?
>
> http://code.mixpanel.com/2011/08/05/how-and-why-we-switched-from-erlang-to-python/

Chuck McKnight
cmcknight@REDACTED

"It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere, I'm all alone, more or less, let me fly far away from here, fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun, sun"  --- Theme Song, Red Dwarf