[erlang-questions] Developing killer / open source apps

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Thu Aug 4 08:50:35 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 1:20 AM, Steve Strong <steve@REDACTED> wrote:
> Given your previous experience when licensed as MIT, I can fully understand your position - 10 lines in 3 years is a pretty poor return :(  A real shame (from my perspective), but entirely understandable.

Yes. I spend 16 hours per day on erlyvideo code, but this is why I
release it under GPL.

I'm not working on anybody and nobody invests in BSD license, so this
is the same situation as with libx264:
no substitutions in erlang world (and frankly speaking even in Java,
red5 is not an issue) and I'm ready to release it closed source for
commercial users.