[erlang-questions] [ANN] euuid 1.0.0 - an erlang UUID implementation

Olivier Girondel olivier.girondel@REDACTED
Tue Aug 2 02:09:22 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Martijn Rijkeboer <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As an exercise for learning Erlang I wrote an Universally Unique
> IDentifier (UUID) implementation as defined in RFC 4122. This module
> implements the UUID versions 1, 3, 4 and 5. It also implements a custom
> time based UUID that is based on version 1 but has a different layout to
> allow easy sorting on the creation date. This module is available as
> open-source under the MIT licence for anyone to use.
>
> You can take a look at the code on my github repository:
> - https://github.com/mrijkeboer/euuid
>
> Since this is my first Erlang program please let me know what you think.
> I'm open to suggestions and enhancements.

Hello Martijn,

Well, UUIDs seem to be:

1. A good exercise
2. Implemented over and over again (I'll just quote mine, but a good way to
check your code would be to have a look on older implementations)
3. A good candidate for inclusion somewhere in a library upstream :)

My (own and old) 2 cents

http://erlang.biniou.org/erluuid/

Best regards,

--