[erlang-questions] Erlang VM: how clean is our memory?

Alex Arnon alex.arnon@REDACTED
Thu Apr 28 14:21:33 CEST 2011

Like this, for instance (presentation from 2004, many additions made since
then :) ): http://www.openbsd.org/papers/auug04/index.html
Zeroed pages (common for all BSDs, I think) are created in the background by
the kernel. It always ensures that sbrk() and equivalent will provide the
user process with a zeroed-out page.
All these "tricks" make OpenBSD somewhat heavier, but very very secure by
default.