[erlang-questions] Specifying 'erts' as an application

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Mon Apr 25 13:10:03 CEST 2011

About three weeks ago, I posted the following question but got no answer
so far.  Let me ask it differently in the hope that I will now get some
reaction.

Is there any good reason why the erts application does not have a .app
file as all other OTP applications (e.g. kernel, stdlib, etc.) have?

If there is no good reason, can it please be added?

Kostis