[erlang-questions] Module config data and functional programming

Daniel Dormont dan@REDACTED
Fri Apr 22 16:32:28 CEST 2011

Thanks that helps. I'm not too worried about the code change, because I think given the way Ejabberd works I'd typically need to stop the module before upgrading it anyway.

It also occurs to me that switching to gen_server would offer another advantage in that it would be easy to recover from crashes in my own code. If I were not to do that though, is the recommended practice just to put a 'catch' call around code that might break?

dan