[erlang-questions] Runtime checking for types

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Thu Apr 21 04:18:45 CEST 2011

I'd like to inject that it's important (at least for me) to
distinguish between "static types" and static type checking. It
doesn't take a genius to observe that "types" are platonic. The issue
here (at least for me) is between static type *checking* and dynamic
type checks. I think Robert Harper almost willfully missed that point
in that posting. What's more, I'm not even sure there is such a thing
as a "dynamic type". I've not seen an example... unless you mean VB
"variant" which ....isn't a well-defined type at all, right?

/s