[erlang-questions] Crypto and public_key usage....

Peter W. Morreale pmorreale@REDACTED
Fri Apr 15 16:17:12 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 09:35 +0200, Ingela Andin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The functions pem_to_der and decode_private_key have been deprecated,
> they where part of our original API design for the
> public_key-application but we then decided that approach would not
> work out to make a small general and flexible API so we changed it.
> Peter did a good job of explaining how to use the new API, it is
> fairly straight forward if you know a little about the public_key
> infrastructure. We will strive to make some examples for the user
> guide.
>
> Regards Ingela - Erlang/OTP team - Ericsson AB

Hi Ingela,

Adding examples for the user guide(s) would be most welcome.  As an
experienced programmer very new to Erlang, seeing example code is
crucial to the learning process.

This is especially true when programming objectives span multiple Erlang
modules of code.  It can be near impossible to decipher reference-only
documentation for dependencies between parts of any system.

This work would be most welcome indeed.

Best Regards,
-PWM