[erlang-questions] Beginner Question: Spring-like IOC in erlang

Mode7James James@REDACTED
Thu Apr 14 04:39:01 CEST 2011

I must be missing something.  But it all sounds interesting I guess.

Thanks guys for your input.  Tonight I have a couple hours, I'll try to
create a secure login for my first test, to get my feet wet.  Just to make
sure I understand the correct steps to take:

1) client (NOT Erlang) calls the IP address of my server
2) my server is listening for incoming TCP requests, and sends the client a
reply with a login
3) server upgrades the TCP connection to SSL (is there a way to just start
with SSL??)
4) client sends username & password over SSL
5) server authenticates
6) client is happy

next step tomorrow (or tonight)->

1) client selects the "game"
2) server sets up an open UDP port, sends client UDP packet for sync
3) client places red circle on stage based on coordinates received from
server
4) pass movements back & forth
5) client closes connection.

Is all this secure?  Am I correct in my flow here?  gen_nb_server was a
module suggested that I use, so I'll be trying to set something up with that
first this evening.

I would think this is something that has been done a few times before, but I
haven't found any solid examples of what I would think is a very simple and
common process.

Thanks again for all your help, I really have learned so much the last
couple days!

-James