[erlang-questions] Erlang beginner questions

Mode7James James@REDACTED
Wed Apr 13 18:33:08 CEST 2011

Thanks Miguel - you touched on a couple of my questions as I was writing
them!

Yes - for 3G the latency is pretty bad.  Even Wi-Fi I want to build for the
lowest common denominator, and then it can be tweaked for each project.

There will be a fair amount of predictiveness in the client engine to
account for the lag, which is something we have to do for flash multiplayer
games as well.  Also, flash is TCP only, so there's an added side effect of
all network traffic stopping on the flash end until the packets are
confirmed delivered.