[erlang-questions] gproc integration

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Tue Apr 12 09:21:41 CEST 2011

There are no performance implications, and if you want to run gproc as an included application, I believe that you can.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the current version checks for the gproc_dist environment variable in the "current application", which would not be gproc if it is included inside another application. One could consider this a bug, or alternatively a 'feature' which ought to be documented. :)

If you don't use global gproc, I don't think this matters, as the default is to run local-only.

Having said this, I see no benefit of including gproc, as it is meant to run on each node and regarded as a "system component". I recommend keeping it as a top application.

BR,
Ulf W