[erlang-questions] [ANN] Eredis, Erlang Redis client

Knut Nesheim knut.nesheim@REDACTED
Mon Apr 11 10:29:20 CEST 2011

Hey Matt,

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Matt Stancliff <sysop@REDACTED> wrote:
>  Did you check out my erlang redis library https://github.com/mattsta/er?

No, this is the first time I've seen this library. I read the source
and noticed that you take the same approach to parsing responses as
redis-erl and redis_pool. When parsing big multibulk responses, we
found that this was slower than clients in many other high level
languages. The approach in eredis is to continuously receive data and
parse it as we get it, rather than using gen_tcp:recv/2 to get every
bulk in a multibulk response.

>  I'll get basho_bench running on er so we can compare numbers.

This would be very interesting. Please feel free to use the drivers
and configuration available in eredis as a starting point. It would
also be very interesting if you try benchmarking the multibulk
for an example of what we did.

--
Engineering
http://www.wooga.com | fax +49-30-8964 9064

wooga GmbH | Saarbruecker Str. 38 | 10405 Berlin | Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin; HRB 117846 B
Registergericht Berlin-Charlottenburg
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Jens Begemann, Philipp Moeser