[erlang-questions] [ANN] misultin v0.7

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Sun Apr 10 18:47:50 CEST 2011

It seems to be an eternal process: new webserver which takes not 50
microseconds, but 10 of them per request and is 5 times faster becomes
the same mochiweb when it reaches it by functionality.

I've included misultin into erlyvideo very long ago and hadn't updated
it from upstream. I had to make a lot of changes by myself and many of
them will never be included in upstream.

And now I can tell, that there are some features, that are much more
important that exact number of _micro_seconds per request: it is
memory leakage.
If erlang library is built without supervisors, if there are
spawn_link's, you should know: 99% that it leaks memory.

Stability is much more important than synthetic tests. And much, much
more important is to include patches to upstream into erlang library
so, that anyone will be able to say: erlang has excelent
production-ready webserver out-of-the-box.