[erlang-questions] Re: callback module without behavior definition?

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Wed Apr 6 20:50:27 CEST 2011

Yes, it is just a compile-time check and if the undefined callbacks are never called then no errors will occur. Using a gen_server for this case may seem like a bit of an overkill but it does save a bit of programming if you want the process to be "OTP-compliant". Starting it using proc_lib and doing it all yourself is not that difficult and is quite well explained in the Erlang documentation: http://www.erlang.org/doc/design_principles/spec_proc.html.

Robert