[erlang-questions] Re: good dialyzer docs?

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Wed Apr 6 15:39:39 CEST 2011

Jesper Louis Andersen wrote:
> 2011/4/6 Kostis Sagonas <kostis@REDACTED>:
>> You are sufficiently vague in your mail that it's very difficult to give an
>> answer to you in what you are asking. In particular, there is no warning
>> that reads "no type information is given for a function"; all type
>> information is actually optional.
>>

> This is correct, but you can still supply an option,
> warn_missing_spec, to the compiler which will make it print out
> warnings for functions with missing specs. I have been contemplating
> enabling it on my projects.

You are right and this option is good to enable and highly recommended
(by the way, it warns for missing specs for exported functions only) but
just to make things clear, this is *not* a dialyzer option.  It's a
compiler option.

Kostis