[erlang-questions] how do I get the actual list of arguments passed to an escript?

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Mon Apr 4 15:32:49 CEST 2011

Hi,

This escript:

  #!/usr/bin/env escript

  main(Args) ->
    io:fwrite("Args=~p\n", [Args]).

looks like this when it runs (from bash, on *nix, using R14B02):

  ~ >./args one two "three  and four are one argument"
  Args=["one","two","three","and","four","are","one","argument"]

The escript manpage (e.g. http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/escript.html) claims

  the main/1 function will be called with a list of strings
  representing the arguments given to the script (not changed or
  interpreted in any way).

which is why I was expecting

  Args=["one","two","three  and four are one argument"]

How can I get the arguments without Erlang changing and interpreting them?

Matt