[erlang-questions] Re: [erlang-questions 53] Re: HiPE or native....good results, but confused...

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Fri Apr 1 16:48:51 CEST 2011

Kostis Sagonas wrote:

> The HiPE compiler is pretty stable; the only bug I am aware of is an off
> by one error in binary pattern matching which has already been fixed and
> the fix will appear on 'dev' soon. (For comparison, incidentally the
> R14B02 BEAM compiler also had a bug in binary pattern matching which has
> been fixed two days ago.) Such is life, I guess... The only thing to do
> about it is to hope that the Erlang community will help by reporting
> whatever issues they run across because both the BEAM and the HiPE
> compiler developers are currently committed to fixing them.

Just for the list archive, I guess, I am replying to my own mail...

Since about one hour ago a fix for the hipe bug in OTP R14B02 I
mentioned in my mail is part of OTP's 'dev' version available on github.

For those interested in trying it, here is the relevant link:

https://github.com/erlang/otp/commit/745c4af40595c8b029c2d61ddbe22c6d12950236

Thanks to Sverker Eriksson for identifying and fixing this!

Please do report any problem you experience related to execution of
native code. At the time of this writing, I am not aware of any other
outstanding bugs.

Kostis