How to analyse why (w)erl.exe is not starting?

Boris Mühmer boris.muehmer@REDACTED
Sat Sep 25 10:25:15 CEST 2010

I wanted to try out the R14B release on my (hosted) windows 2003 SP2 server.

But when I try to start (w)erl using the icon or via command line, the
process shows up in the task list and vanishes again after just a few
secs, without any window popping up...

I reinstalled it after a reboot => no change.
I uninstalled R14B and installed R13B03 and R13B04: no problems at all.

How can I check what is going wrong? There are no entires in the
eventlog. Also there is no output when started from the command line.

Thanks in advance
  - boris