limited error_logger dump (vm crashes because of generating dump)

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Mon Sep 20 14:29:56 CEST 2010

Fresh stats from production:

[{pid,<5525.6.0>},
  {memory,1103578784},
  {message_queue_len,6},
  {total_heap_size,275894550},
  {heap_size,47828850},
  {stack_size,19121},
  {dictionary,[{'$ancestors',[<5525.2.0>]},
               {'$initial_call',{gen_event,init_it,6}}]},
  {current_function,{io_lib,write_binary_body,2}}]

In few seconds error_logger will shut down whole virtual machine.
I've made the following to prevent it:

http://github.com/erlyvideo/erlyvideo/blob/master/src/core/io_lib_pretty_limited.erl
  — this is a io_lib_pretty, adapted not to runaway out of memory
http://github.com/erlyvideo/erlyvideo/blob/master/src/core/gen_server_ems.erl#L747
— gen server with adaptations to use limited print.

I have also removed sasl logger from error_logger handlers:
http://github.com/erlyvideo/erlyvideo/blob/master/src/erlyvideo.erl#L84
http://github.com/erlyvideo/erlmedia/blob/master/src/ems_log.erl#L50

and still I'm getting failures. Seems, that I will have to replace
error_logger with my own stuff =(