[erlang-questions] R14B gen_tcp:recv/2,3

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Fri Sep 17 09:29:10 CEST 2010

> Greetings,
>
> If (I have not read the document) gen_tcp:recv/2,3 returns {ok,
> {http_error,String}} your have a matching clause. Unfortunately the
> match means that Bin will be {http_error,String}, which is probably not
> what you want.

hi bengt,

my code was just making a statement and is indeed incorrect.

i do have quite some code which relies on {packet, http} and passive
mode, so i believe i might be confronted with adding code which
handles running on different versions of the erlang VM. *if* i'm
not misunderstanding, this does break backwards compatibility and i'm
quite surprised, to the point i'm asking this list for confirmation.

r.