R14B, ETS, read_concurrency

Ryan Zezeski rzezeski@REDACTED
Thu Sep 16 17:42:44 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Rickard Green <rickard@REDACTED> wrote:

> The only way to know what effect it will have on your app is to try it
> out.

Rickard, you're exactly right.  I should have worded my question
differently.  I'm interested in any results anyone has using this new
feature, and that's exactly what you gave me, thanks.  In my case, I have
highly concurrent reads with _zero_ interrupting writes.  The writes are
always done in a sequential manner before the reads.  Also, I'm not only
doing reads in my tight loop, but it is the dominator in my profile.

It seems my app may benefit from this new feature.  I'll report back when I
get some time to try it.