[erlang-questions] System limit bringing down rex and the VM

bile@REDACTED bile@REDACTED
Fri Sep 10 12:27:08 CEST 2010

If it's not documented it's a bug, otherwise just a bad behavior. If
you can do something about it it's a feature.

Agreed, a middle way is bad unless clearly documented and
preferably there is some way to handle it reasonably. Perhaps ets with
the heir option with a custom primary supervisor that would take
ownership of the data while it restarted it and then transfer it back?

Looking over the timer code it looks that it does a catch spawn so it
seems that the spawn shouldn't have been the reason for it's crash.
I'll have to look at it more closely to see what happened in my case.