[erlang-questions] Mnesia vs. timeouts

Dan Gudmundsson dangud@REDACTED
Thu Sep 2 10:43:48 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Igor Ribeiro Sucupira <igorrs@REDACTED> wrote:
> My question is: how can I set a timeout for every Mnesia activity
> (which may be distributed) and make sure that, after that time, no
> operation related to that activity will be left hanging on any node?
> By just killing the process that called mnesia:activity, am I
> guaranteed to get that result?

Killing the process shall cleanup everything (eventually :-)), if not
it is a bug.

Most of the activity/transaction is driven from the client process in mnesia so
it should work well.

But if you have long search times in dets on a remote node, a queued
request will not be
removed from the inbox of the dets process just because you killed the
requester.

But you can't know if the data was commit'ed or not.

/Dan