[erlang-questions] debian & ubuntu R14B

Alessandro Sivieri alessandro.sivieri@REDACTED
Sun Oct 31 00:23:28 CEST 2010

This is something like a similar discussion happened in the ruby mailing
list: Debian (and consequently Ubuntu) has the package separation as a
general philosophy, so that each user can install only what it needs. For
example, I installed Erlang in a minimal Debian installation, and I avoided
the all metapackage and installed only the core and some other packages, so
I avoided installing X packages (which are needed by some erlang-*).
So I think we will never see one single package of the whole distribution in
those, at least not officially released.

--
Sivieri Alessandro
alessandro.sivieri@REDACTED