[erlang-questions] debian & ubuntu R14B

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Thu Oct 28 16:17:38 CEST 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Vincenzo Di Somma
<vincenzo.di.somma@REDACTED> wrote:
> We discussed a bit about packaging Erlang at the Erlang Factory in
> London this year.
> One very interesting suggestion was to improve the separation of the
> runtime environment from the development environment.

Maybe it is a good idea to split into erlang and erlang-dev, maybe
not, but when there are no fresh packages for months and it still
requires some knowledge hidden inside one person to build a package,
everything ends in ./configure && make && make install on production
server.

I tried to build R14B for squeeze, but failed: too complex build setup
required. If situation doesn't change, I will have to refuse from
building debian package because of no erlang in debian or ubuntu.