[erlang-questions] couchdb performace 10x: using NIF for file io

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Sun Oct 24 16:17:28 CEST 2010

One intersting thing in the graphs is the fluctuations occurring in the NIF'ed version. The old version is much more consistent, but slower. I wonder why it is so.

One problem with writing too much in C that there is a big risk that the code will contain more bugs. So while a system technically is "up" it will be less accessible if it has to restart sub-sections more often.

Robert