mostly a git question: how do I get my github repository back in sync?

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Thu Oct 21 11:51:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a fork of erlang/otp on github, here:

  http://github.com/matthiasl/otp

I made a branch a few months ago, add-os-pid-to-port-info. Björn has
since merged that branch into erlang/otp pu.

Now, I want to get matthiasl/otp back up to date with erlang/otp so
that I can make another change, starting with R14B.

  Q1: Is there a way to bring a github repository up to date from the
      github web interface?

      I can't find one. Maybe I missed it, maybe it's a dumb idea.

  Q2: Is this the recommended non-web way to do it?

        git clone http://github.com/erlang/otp.git
        git push git@REDACTED:matthiasl/otp.git

      or should I just give up and delete git@REDACTED:matthiasl/otp.git
      and then fork a new repository? That feels wrong.

Matt