[erlang-questions] "wx:demo()." / static example / possible bug on Ubuntu 10.04 / Erlang R13B04/R14B

Boris Mühmer boris.muehmer@REDACTED
Thu Oct 14 19:09:58 CEST 2010

>> On my windows systems the "wxStaticText" alignment is correct (left /
>> center / right), but on my Ubuntu 10.04 system, all three text are on
>> the left. This is true for Erlang R13B04 and R14B.
>
> Known issue see http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/12539

Another "list" to check... :-)

> Wx internal error, means that the driver tries to send a message to a
> non existing process, the demo could probably be improved there.
> That ERROR should be a warning, I don't want remove the message
> completely since it can help the developer.

Somehow I thought so... but thank You for explaining this behaviour.

Recently I also saw that I get this Warning/Error on my Windows box
as well, but not as often as on my Linux system.

Maybe this is just a very subjective experience, because I use
Linux most of the time, and only use Windows systems for some
special things...

> Gtk warnings, I can't do much about them try starting firefox from the
> shell most gui programs on linux have but normally they go to
> /dev/null, they can depend on half implemented gtk/gnome themes and
> wxWidgets internal problems/hacks.

I know those errors from other programs as well, because I normally
use shells... it is just annoying... :-(

  - boris