'undef' while doing erl boot on release

Gleb Peregud gleber.p@REDACTED
Fri Oct 8 16:00:09 CEST 2010

Hi

I have the following structure (which is created automatically by
scripts from dev environment):

release/Vsn/App1/ebin/
                     /*.beam
                     /*.app
           /App2/ebin/
                     /*.beam
                     /*.app
release/Vsn/system.rel

system.rel contains all appropriate version info about apps. Boot
script is done with systools:make_script/1 and release bundle is done
with systools:make_tar/1 (i.e. without erts inside). This gives me a
release bundle, which I copy to another place and extract.

It gives me the following structure:

$DIR/system/lib/App1/ebin/
                         /*.beam
                         /*.app
               /App2/ebin/
                         /*.beam
                         /*.app
$DIR/system/releases/system.rel
                    /Vsn/start.boot

and if I do

$ cd $DIR/system && erl -boot releases/Vsn/start.boot

I get the following error:

=CRASH REPORT==== 8-Oct-2010::15:46:26 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: application_master:init/4
    pid: <0.39.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {bad_return,
                        {{ibrowse_app,start,[normal,[]]},
                         {'EXIT',
                             {undef,
                                 [{ibrowse_app,start,[normal,[]]},
                                  {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}
      in function  application_master:init/4
    ancestors: [<0.38.0>]
    messages: [{'EXIT',<0.40.0>,normal}]
    links: [<0.38.0>,<0.6.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 377
    stack_size: 24
    reductions: 105
  neighbours:

If I do

$ cd $DIR/system && erl -pa lib/*/ebin
Erlang R14B (erts-5.8.1) [source] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:0]
[hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.8.1  (abort with ^G)
1> ibrowse_app:start(normal, []).
{ok,<0.33.0>}

Script file created previously by systools:make_script/1 does contain
appropriate primLoad commands, application:load/1 and
application:start_boot(ibrowse, permanent) commands. I've double
checked - ibrowse is not installed anywhere else on the system.

I'm out of ideas why this could happen. Any thoughts on this?

Best,
Gleb Peregud