confusing returns from httpc:request/4

Dan Kelley djk121@REDACTED
Thu Oct 7 17:51:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've got a simple router that's talking to a remote HTTP load balancer via
httpc:request/4.  For every request that I get into the router, I spawn a
new process then attempt to connect to the HTTP LB.

That works well most of the time, but occasionally I get
{error, socket_closed_remotely} instead of results.  I had assumed that
these corresponded to the HTTP LB prematurely closing the connection, but
when I look at the logs for that process, it always thinks that it's
returning clean responses (HTTP 200 code, appropriately-formed bodies, etc).

Anyone seen anything like this before?  What else might I do to debug this?

Thanks,

Dan