[erlang-questions] node.js compared to erlang

Hassy Veldstra hasan.veldstra@REDACTED
Mon Oct 4 15:28:13 CEST 2010

Node.js is to Erlang as Vespa is to BMW's whole line-up.

V8 is a good JS engine, and Node.js is an interesting project and it
can be a good platform for writing a certain kind of servers when you
already know Javascript, but you don't get fault-tolerance,
distribution, the amazing OTP libraries, and many other things.

Node.js has good momentum (there's a lot of Javascript programmers out
there). I think it will end up attracting more people to Erlang.