[erlang-questions] Impossible to get wxErlang running on Ubuntu/MacOSX x64 platform

dae2010 dougedmunds@REDACTED
Tue May 25 01:40:09 CEST 2010

I followed the instructions below for installing Erlang into Ubuntu.
All the choices in the wx:demo() run, except one.  If I select 'gl' from
the list, it crashes, with this information in the shell:

** Reason for termination ==
** {function_clause,[{wxSizer,add,
                               [{wx_ref,64,wxStaticBoxSizer,[]},
                                {error,{no_gl_context,{gl,viewport,0}}},
                                [{proportion,1},{flag,8192}]]},
                      {demo,handle_event,2},
                      {wx_object,handle_msg,5},
                      {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}

=ERROR REPORT==== 24-May-2010::16:18:48 ===
WX INTERNAL ERROR: Failed to send return or event msg

How do I interpret this? If something is not installed, what is the
apt-get for it?

The Ubuntu system: running Vbox within XP host, LinuxMint guest.

-- Doug Edmunds