[erlang-questions] Re: Classification of concurrency patterns

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Wed May 19 16:07:58 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 15:21, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
> In my case the problem is given, and the hardware is given.
> It matters very much how many cores there are and their physical
> characteristics,
> since I have to map the problem onto a set of concurrent processes that
> run on the given hardware.

I see, I think there are two issues that got mixed up (at least in my
mind they did). You started the discussion asking about identifying
patterns which are abstract and general. This is different than the
latter issue about pmap and number of cores, I think.

regards,
Vlad