[erlang-questions] Re: Classification of concurrency patterns

Håkan Mattsson hm@REDACTED
Wed May 19 14:23:01 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:

> We want to make the stuff go faster on the hardware we have,
> not write elegant SW for hardware that doesn't exists.

Right now it feels rather good that you did not have these
thoughts in the ancient single core days when the concurrency
primitives in Erlang was invented. If the main driver for Erlang
concepts would have been speed and not elegance, I suppose
that the Erlang language would look quite different. ;-)

/Håkan
---
Håkan Mattsson
Tail-f Systems