[erlang-questions] Supervisor, bridge and error messages

Alessandro Sivieri alessandro.sivieri@REDACTED
Mon May 10 16:12:30 CEST 2010

2010/5/10 Robert Raschke <rtrlists@REDACTED>

> Oh, the error function_clause means that you were trying to invoke a
> function that exists, but where the arguments could not be matched to any
> clause.

Ah yes, of course, I knew there was some stupid error somewhere... :)

Anyway, now that aspect is solved, but there is one more interesting thing:
in a situation like the one pictured here [1], where 78 and 81 are bridges
and 77 and 80 are the two monitored processes (created with the code
previously reported), if I kill one of those 4 processes, all the 4 ones are
killed, while I thought that only the bridge (if killing its child) or the
child (if killing the bridge) should die, while the others shouldn't be
involved.
Why this is not happening? The main supervisor policy is one_for_one.

[1] http://yfrog.com/5jtreeip

--
Sivieri Alessandro
alessandro.sivieri@REDACTED