Special syntax for dictionaries

Sergey Samokhin prikrutil@REDACTED
Sat May 8 13:37:56 CEST 2010

Let's just *suppose* that frames/structs are already here.

The question: are there any reasons why we would want to use records?
In other words, should we now think of records as some kind of
deprecated trick?

To answer this question we should list features that only records have
and then ask another question: "it this good to still have these
features?".

1. With records you are restricted to declared keys. You can't add new
keys on the fly.

Are there situations when it's good?

2. With records you can specify default values to keys

With frames it can'be achieved by using custom wrappers:

create_my_frame(...) % Creates a new frame with all the default values specified

--
Sergey Samokhin