starting multiple erlang nodes with a single command

kid_a loris.fichera@REDACTED
Fri May 7 17:43:44 CEST 2010

Hello there,

think it it my first post on this mailing list. :)

I'm working on rosen [1], a robotic simulation engine that makes use of
openGL, sdl [2] and its erlang bindings [3] in order to provide a
graphical representation of the simulated environment.
What I'm trying to do is to add support for stereoscopic vision,
providing rosen with the ability to display two windows, each displaying
the environment from a certain point of view.

Unfortunately, the latest stable version of sdl (1.2.14) does not
support multi-windowed application. So, to avoid the single-window
limit, I thought about the following trick: to move the "graphical
engine" of rosen on two different erlang nodes. It seems to work.

So far, I've been forced to manually launch the nodes to have the
application up and running, while I'd like to launch the entire system
with a single command - e.g. using a Makefile. Is there a way to do so?

Any other ideas/advices/suggestions? :)

Loris

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/rosen/
[2] http://www.libsdl.org/
[3] http://esdl.sourceforge.net/
--
[ "let me take you down, 'cos i'm going to Strawberry Fields."   ]
[ Loris Fichera a.k.a. kid_a  | HOME http://www.kida.netsons.org ]